Invitation for service providers In the construction industry to submit an expression of interest for the rebuilding and/or repair of affected water and sanitation infrastructure at various schools in KwaZulu-Natal
During April and May 2022, KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) was ravaged by floods which caused extensive damage to public and private sector infrastructure and property. Areas most impacted were along the coastal regions. Government, along with Civil Society organisations, NGOs and the Private Sector mobilised in response to this disaster to provide assistance to impacted communities. Sasol pledged its support to communities affected by the floods in KZN, which included immediate humanitarian relief as well as the rebuilding of affected infrastructure. As part of this response, Sasol engaged with the KZN Department of Education (DoE) with a view to provide assistance for impacted schools identified by KZN DoE. It was agreed that Sasol will support the DoE by the rebuilding and/or repair of affected water and sanitation infrastructure at various schools in KZN.
Charities Aid Foundation Southern Africa (CAFSA) is an independent non-profit organisation that promotes and facilitates effective giving, volunteering, and social investment. As part of its mandate, CAFSA partners with corporates to effectively act as an independent implementation agent to assist these corporates to achieve their Corporate Social Investment (CSI) goals. Sasol appointed CAFSA as implementation partner for the rebuilding and/or repair of the affected water and sanitation infrastructure.
To assist with technical expertise, CAFSA engaged LA Consulting Engineers (LA) in July 2022 to conduct inspections of the schools identified above and compile a report on the damage caused, and rebuild and/or repairs required at the affected schools for consideration by CAFSA and SASOL.
The project has now reached the stage where it is necessary to appoint a building construction company to undertake the rebuilding and/or repairs to the water and sanitation infrastructure at 7 schools in KZN – specifically in the areas of Luthuli, Richmond, Port Shepstone, Folweni, Pinetown and Amanzimtoti.
- INVITATION FOR PROPOSALS
Proposals are hereby invited from suitable service providers for the rebuilding and/or repairs of affected water and sanitation infrastructure at seven schools in KZN, situated in Luthuli, Richmond, Port Shepstone, Folweni, Pinetown and Amanzimtoti.
Suitable service providers will be:
- Based in KZN and able to do construction work in Luthuli, Richmond, Port Shepstone, Folweni, Pinetown and Amanzimtoti.
- Use labour and suppliers as far as practically possible from the above-mentioned areas, including support to Sasol’s Handyman Development Initiative.
- Ability to conclude the necessary rebuilding and/or repairs of affected water and sanitation infrastructure at the seven identified schools by 15 December 2022.
- PROPOSAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Your proposal, should you wish to be considered as the construction contractor for the above-mentioned, must indicate the following:
- Years of construction experience;
- Value of largest and smallest projects done to date;
- Details of projects executed in rural areas (especially KZN);
- Experience with managing sub-contractors;
- Experience in public sector construction projects;
- 2.6. Experience with recruiting and utilising local labour and service providers;
- BBB-EE status.
- SUPPLIER DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION REQUIRED
- Vat Registration Certificate;
- NHRBC Certificate
- Company Registration documents;
- Directors IDs;
- BEEE Certificate;
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate;
- Website and social media links;
- Representative contact Details (Name / Telephone Number / Email Address);
- Banking details confirmation from your bank;
- Registration at the Construction Industry Development Board or relevant association; CIDB Grading of 3GB and above.
- Reference of previous work completed from two clients; and
- All compliance certificates to be issued once work is complete.
Failure to provide the information and documents mentioned in 3 and 4.1 – 4.11 with your proposal will preclude you from further consideration for this project.
- OVERVIEW OF THE PROCESS
- Receive proposals from potential service providers giving details required in 3 above.
- Shortlisting service providers that comply with 5.1 above.
- Providing more detail on the services to be rendered to shortlisted service providers.
- Inviting shortlisted service providers to a briefing session.
- Conducting a site visit with short-listed service providers.
- Inviting shortlisted service providers to provide CAFSA with a price for the work to be done.
- Accept the best offer based on functionality, price and compliance with the requirements as outlined in 3 and 4 above.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org . Closing date 7 September 2022 , 23:59.