CAFSA is an independent non-profit organisation (NPC Number: 014-831 –PBO 930002036) that promotes and facilitates effective giving, volunteering and social investment.
Charities Aid Foundation Southern Africa (CAFSA) requires the services of a firm of engineers or an individual who is experienced with Structural Engineering Projects.
The scope of work involves inspection and reporting on flood damage inflicted at specific schools, and specifically the assessment of damages, construction, refurbishment, and maintenance of ablution facilities.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Monitor the budget against actual expenditure and forecast cash requirements.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Monitor progress and recommend adjustments as needed.
- Develop and/or assess designs and drawings
- Evaluate the choice of construction materials
- Provide technical advice
- Manage the process of obtaining building regulations approval
- Liaising with relevant professional staff such as Architects, QS, Finance, Client, etc.
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
- Contract management.
- Site inspections.
- Preparing and presenting reports.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- The person should have at least 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager of Structural Engineering Projects.
- This appointment is for the duration of this project only.
- The candidate should ideally be based in KZN.
Please send your CV, relevant links, and any other information that will support your application OR email your queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 13 June 2022, 23:59.