EMPLOYEE VOLUNTEERING INITIATIVES
We have over 300 validated Civil Society Organisations nationwide on our database. With our extensive local and international experience, we specialise in coordinating both local and national volunteering initiatives, for as few as five to as many as 200 volunteers.
Employee volunteering is one of the most effective ways of enabling a company to mobilise its most valuable assets – its people. By volunteering their time and skills (physically or virtually), employees are investing in a meaningful way towards the growth of the economy, and, most importantly, by addressing some of the socio-economic challenges faced by communities.
Here is how CAFSA can assist you with your Employee Volunteering needs:
- Design and implement customised volunteering programmes.
- Develop tools to market, manage and monitor your volunteering programmes.
- Match company resources to the real needs of communities.
- Perform due diligence checks on beneficiary organisations to ensure volunteers’ contributions are properly invested.
- Document the volunteering events and, as far as possible, the return on investment (ROI) and social impact.
Employee Volunteering benefits corporations in a number of ways:
- Enhanced Corporate Citizenship reputation (this is proven to have a positive impact on a company’s bottom line).
- Volunteering can be added to social responsibility reporting and B-BBEE scorecard calculations.
- Improved attraction and retention of quality staff due to better morale, teamwork and innovation and social cohesion of your company and staff.
- Employees who volunteer gain:
Personal fulfilment, service to the community and active citizenship.
• Skills development and teamwork opportunities.
• Improved knowledge of social issues and interaction across social and economic divides.
- NGOs and CBOs benefit from properly managed resources through: Additional resources.
Coaching, mentoring and business skills.
- Relationships of care and concern.
• Aligning your Corporate Social Investment (CSI) programmes with your business strategy and CSI focus areas.
• Provide advice on social responsibility policy and strategy to improve your corporate citizenship reputation.
• Help implement your CSI plans and social impact metrics so that your company can meet and exceed industry-sector and B-BBEE Scorecard requirements.
Payroll Giving or ‘Give-As-You-Earn’ is an international programme developed by CAF UK and offered and facilitated locally by CAF Southern Africa since 2002. It provides simple mechanisms for employees to donate from their salaries through payroll to a NPO, NGO or cause of their choice through the employer.
All NGOs, NPOs and causes – which are selected as beneficiaries – are first subject to due diligence and validation by CAF Southern Africa in order to ensure that donor contributions are secure, and that the beneficiary organisations’ accountability are assured.
Each ‘Give-As-You-Earn’ programme is tailored to the corporate where it is being implemented and options can include:
Additional benefits of Payroll Giving:
Offers a meaningful way for employees to give back who are unable to engage in employee volunteering activities or find such activities difficult and would rather contribute in another way.