CAFSA REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS AND BIDS – FUNDING FOR PROGRAM PROPOSALS THAT STRENGTHEN TIES AND BUILD RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN USA AND SOUTH AFRICA
Charities Aid Foundation Southern Africa (CAFSA) is an independent non-profit organisation (NPC Number: 014-831) (PBO: 930002036) that promotes and facilitates effective giving, volunteering and social investment. CAFSA has been represented in South Africa since 1997 and in 2000 became a registered Section 21 not-for-profit and public benefit organisation.
CAFSA is pleased to announce a Request for Statements of Interest (RSOI) from organizations interested in applying for funding to support program proposals that foster stronger ties and build relationships between the USA and South Africa. The programs will be showcased at American Corner Cape Town, South Africa.
We are specifically looking for projects that prominently feature a strong American element or demonstrate connections with American experts, organizations, or institutions. These connections should go beyond any involvement with the US State Department or its American Corners. The primary goal of the proposed projects should be to promote a deeper understanding of USA values, perspectives, and policies, while actively facilitating relationship building between Americans and South Africans.
We invite interested organizations to submit their Statements of Interest, highlighting their proposed programs and how they align with the objectives outlined above. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the promotion of mutual understanding and collaboration between our two nations. Examples of programs include, but are not limited to:
- Academic or professional speaker programs involving an American speaker, either in person or virtual.
- Artistic and cultural programs, joint performances or exhibitions involving the work of American artists or American subject matter.
- English language learning, educational advising, alumni activities, cultural programs and information about the United States.
- Introducing new technologies and 21st-century digital skills that have been developed by USA.
Programs that are specifically excluded for from this RSOI are:
- Programs relating to partisan political activity;
- Charitable or development activities;
- Construction programs;
- Programs that support specific religious activities;
- Fund-raising campaigns;
- Lobbying for specific legislation or programs;
- Scientific research;
- Programs intended primarily for the growth or institutional development of the organization; or
- Programs that duplicate existing programs.
Length of performance period: up to nine months
Number of awards anticipated: dependent on availability of funding and amounts requested.
A proposal with charge rates should be sent to email@example.com
Please download the attached form as well.
Your proposal, should you wish to be considered as the above mentioned project must indicate the following:
- Years experience in presenting programs like those mentioned above.
- Details of relevant projects executed.
- BBB-EE status (if applicable)
Award amounts: Minimum R60 000
Closing date for submissions of RSOI to CAFSA: 23 June 2023, 17:00 SAST.
SUPPLIER DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION REQUIRED
Vat Registration Certificate.
- Company Registration documents.
- Directors IDs.
- BEEE Certificate.
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Website and social media links.
- Representative contact Details (Name / Telephone Number / Email Address);
Failure to provide the information and documents mentioned your proposal will preclude you from further consideration for this project.